Linux Server Configuration
July 12, 2004
Keith and I spoke on the phone and review the server configuration
Qmail - (MTA) keith installed from package via the command line.
Keith will install cyrus to complete the email server basic.
- DNS - Keith has worked with BIND, but suggests
- Draft schedule - Neil
- Research Cyrus - Neil
- Research DJBDNS -Keith
- Install & Configure DNS - Keith
- Send /etc/ archive to Neil - Keith
- Finish package installation
- Configure ssh
- Configure & test firewall
- Install tripwire & configure
- Update all software
- Install & configure bastille
We discussed an error message related to on of the volumes (hda1?) not mounting as ext3, but ext2. I recalled the installation errors I encountered, but I think the evidence points to problems with the CD install media.
We could try to swap in another HD to see if the problem goes away.