Read the rest of the listing at Bash Shell Keyboard Shortcuts For Linux Users.
The default shell on most Linux operating systems is called Bash. There are a couple of important hotkeys that you should get familiar with if you plan to spend a lot of time at the command line. These shortcuts will save you a ton of time if you learn them.
Here is the List of Bash Shell Keyboard Shortcuts For Linux Users
- Ctrl + A - Go to the beginning of the line you are currently typing on
- Ctrl + E - Go to the end of the line you are currently typing on
- Ctrl + L - Clears the Screen, similar to the clear command
- Ctrl + U - Clears the line before the cursor position. If you are at the end of the line, clears the entire line.
- Ctrl + H - Same as backspace
- Ctrl + R - Let’s you search through previously used commands
- more, including Alt keys ...
Since the keyboard commands for bash are the same no matter what platform you run your bsh shell on (Mac, Windows, Linux, etc.) it pays to learn a few choice command. Here's a great reference: